Wednesday, March 20, 2013
New After School Classes = Burn Out
In week 3 of the young school year, I am still trying to adapt and pace myself. This year I have been given 4 after school classes (two on Tues. and Wed.). The classes are relatively small (about ~20 students), but the real tough part is that the students are all young learners. I find myself for the last 3 weeks stressing due to the fact that my lessons plans have to be simple, relevant, fun and productive. The biggest hurtle is that I do not have anyone to translate English for me, so body language is a must in this case. Thankfully, my training as an elementary school teacher is slowly kicking in, but not fast enough. I realized that spending years in Korea as an English teacher rather than teaching a K-6 curriculum has drunken my skills as a teacher. It's time to sober up! Wednesdays seem to be the worst with having 8+ hours of full teaching (6 hrs school + 2 hrs tutoring). Hopefully, I will be able to get adjusted to everything that's been going on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tough schedule! Still - describe what happened in the class. Your actions and their results, which led you to the conclusions above. describe changes you cold make. Ado you have a good video of yourself?
ReplyDelete