Though I have not yet actually taught my official first class yet, I have planned a "BINGO" warm-up activity for the students. In the activity the students will have a chance to greet each other with some phrases. For example:
Student A: "Hello, nice to meet you."
Student B: "Hello, nice to meet you, too."
Student A: "My name is ______. What's your name?"
Student B: "My name is______."
At the start of this warm-up, I will have a chance to demonstrate by "modeling" the activity with a PPT. During the PPT, the students will have a "choral repetition" in which they will repeat the phrases. I will "model "the objective dialogue two more times. First, the interaction will be modeled by my co-teacher and I, pretending to be students. Second, I will have an "individual repetition" with the student to show the class. As the students begin to start the lesson, my co-teacher and I will have a "comprehension check" in which the students will ask other students questions by following the dialogue. The students will also have a chance to correct and help each other during the practice. Each time the students complete the dialogue with their partner, they will sign 1 of the 25 blank boxes on their paper randomly. Later one, a specific PPT will show how many points each box represents.
Oh well, wish me luck! I'll tell you how it all worked out!
No comments:
Post a Comment